1. Nucleotides are the basis of the DNA molecule. Name the components of a nucleotide.
Answer: Phosphate groups, deoxyribose (a five carbon sugar) and nitrogenous bases.
2. What is the spiral shape of a DNA molecule called?
Answer: double helix
3. Name the four nitrogenous bases and correctly pair them with one another.
Answer: Adenine always bonds with thymine.
Cytosine always bonds with guanine.
4. What is the process that produces RNA from the information in DNA?
5. RNA contains the base uracil. What base does it replace from DNA?