1. What do we call the process of new life evolving from pre-existing lifeforms?
2. What organism is often classified as a transitional form between reptiles and birds?
3. What French scientist of the early nineteenth century put forth the hypothesis of use and disuse to explain evolution?
Answer: Jean Baptiste Lamarck
4. What islands off the coast of Ecuador were the topic of study for Charles Darwin?
Answer: Galapagos Islands
5. An adaptation is an inherited trait that makes an organism better able to survive. Name three types of adaptations.
Answer: morphological, physiological, behavioral