1. What is chemical evolution?
Answer: The process by which inorganic and simple organic compounds change into more complex compounds.
2. Name the three periods of the Mesozoic period.
Answer: Cretaceous, Jurassic, Triassic
3. Adaptive radiation is the rapid expansion of many new species. What group probably experienced adaptive radiation at the beginning of the Paleocene epoch?
4. There are two competing ideas to explain the mass extinction of dinosaurs. Name the two ideas.
Answer: meteor impact hypothesis and climate change hypothesis
5. Horses, donkeys and zebras have a common ancestor in the Pliohippus. Over time these species have become different from each other. What is this pattern of evolution called?