1. What is the term for the science of classification?
2. Name the Greek philosopher that introduced the term species.
3. Name the scientist that created a classification system using species, genus and kingdom. Also tell what he called his naming system.
Answer: Carolus Linnaeus; binomial nomenclature
4. According to the hierarchical system of classification there are seven major categories. Name them in order from largest to smallest.
Answer: kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species
5. What are the five kingdoms?
Answer: Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae, Animalia