American History Week Ten Warm Ups
Name the two main exploring groups of the Louisiana territory.
Answer: The Lewis and Clark expedition and Zebulon Pike's two expeditions.
I was a Federalist that schemed to have New York and New England secede from the Union. I later was tried for treason because I wanted to separate the western half of the United States and join it with conquered Spanish territory. I also shot Alexander Hamilton. Who am I?
Answer: Aaron Burr
- What was the significance of impressment during the Jeffersonian period of American History?
Answer: Impressment is the forcible enlistment of sailors that was a significant area of contention between the United States and Great Britain. It became a rallying cry for war against the British and war did occur again in 1812.
- This act in 1807 made Thomas Jefferson a very unpopular president towards the end of his second term. It was his attempt to force Britain and France to respect America's rights. What was this act called?
Answer: Embargo Act of 1807
- Which other president died the same day as Thomas Jefferson on July 4th, 1826?
Answer: John Adams
More American History Warm Ups
- From Adams to Jefferson: Week 9 Warm Ups
- Madison and the War of 1812: Week 11 Warm Ups
- Other American History Warm Ups