French and Indian War
American History Week Three Warm Ups
hich explorer is known as the 'Father of New France'?
Answer: Samuel de Champlain.
- George Washington's troops opened fire on the French in 1754 beginning what world war?
Answer: Seven Years War or French and Indian War
Which English statesman was known as the 'Organizer of Victory' and the 'Great Commoner'? He was also the mastermind behind England's Canadian victory in the French and Indian War.
Answer: William Pitt
List three causes of tension between the American colonists and the British at the end of the French and Indian War.
- Contempt of professional soldier for the amateur
- British did not recognize any colonial commission above Captain
- British crown did not feel the colonists were paying enough for protection
- British looked down on the colonists saying that America was an 'outhouse'.
- Colonists traded with the enemy
What was the Proclamation of 1763?
Answer: This proclamation was an attempt to solve the Indian problem fairly by prohibiting settlement beyond the Appalachian Mountains.
More American History Warm Ups
- American Colonies: Week 2 Warm Ups
- Colonial Character: Week 4 Warm Ups
- Other American History Warm Ups