1. Name the capitals for the following three countries: Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Israel.
Answer: Saudi Arabia - Riyadh
Iraq - Baghdad
Israel - Jerusalem
2. What animals are known as 'ships of the desert'?
3. What mountain range lies in southwestern Iran?
Answer: Zagros Mountains
4. The Rub al Khali is a desert in Saudi Arabia. What does Rub al Khali mean?
Answer: empty quarter
5. What countries border Iraq?
Answer: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Turkey and Iran.
Additional Geography Resources