1. What is the Mandate of Heaven?
Answer: The Chinese belief that the emperor who came to power was selected by heaven to rule.
2. I was a philosopher from the warring state period in Chinese history. I was born in 331 B.C. One of my central teachings was the concept of jen, which means the kindness and love humans should have for each other. I also spoke about the relationships people should have with one another. Who am I?
3. Which emperor began the Great Wall of China?
Answer: Shih Huang Ti
4. Explain the civil service system during the T'ang dynasty?
Answer: A system that selected government officials based on their qualifications rather than their birth.
5. Name the Chinese emperor that Marco Polo visited in 1275 A.D.
Answer: Kublai Khan
For more about China, see this Lecture of Chinese History.