1. During the 5th century A.D., the western and eastern parts of the Roman Empire began to separate. Around which city did the Eastern Roman Empire center?
2. Which general from the Eastern Roman Empire sailed into North Africa, quickly moved into Italy, and defeated the Ostrogoths?
3. Who defeated the Eastern Roman Empire in Yarmuk in 636 which led to the loss of Syria and Palestine?
Answer: United Arab tribes
4. What was the official language of the Byzantine Empire?
5. Emperor Justinian built a beautiful church in 537 called Hagia Sophia. What does the name of the church mean?
Answer: Church of the Holy Wisdom
More World History Resources