1. The Mayans played a game where players tried to drive a solid rubber ball through stone rings. They were only allowed to use their hips to propel the balls. What was the punishment for being on the losing team?
Answer: They were sacrificed
2. What Aztec city's name is roughly translated as "place of the prickly pear cactus"?
3. Which modern country was founded after Francois Dominique Toussaint L'Ouverture as he led more than 100,000 slaves in revolt against a French sugar colony?
4. Banana Republic is more than the name of a really cool store. What in historical terms is a 'banana republic'?
Answer: A small country dependant on large, wealthy nations.
5. Who is America's third largest trading partner?
More World History Resources