This review game gets students involved as a team while allowing them to win a chance to throw the ball 'in the hoop'.
Time Required: 1 class
- Write at least 25 'easy' review questions.
- Write at least 25 'hard' review questions.
- Buy or make a small (3-4 inches diameter) ball. I make mine with a paper wad in the middle surrounded by a few layers of masking tape.
- Set up the room with a (clean) garbage can in the front. This will be the 'basket'.
- Place a piece of masking tape on the floor approximately 3 feet from the basket.
- Place a piece of masking tape on the floor approximately 8 feet from the basket.
- Divide the students into two teams.
- Explain that each student must answer the questions given to them. Easy and hard questions will be evenly interspersed.
- Keep score for the questions. Easy questions are worth 1 points each and hard questions are worth 2.
- If a student gets an easy question correct, they have a chance to shoot for an 'extra point'. They will shoot from the tape mark that is furthest from the basket.
- If a student gets a hard question correct, they have a chance to shoot for an 'extra point'. They will shoot from the tape mark that is closest to the basket.
- Make sure that you make it clear that anyone making fun of another student will cause their team to lose points.
- If you wish, allow each student to confer with one other student on their team before answering.