- Saved the life of Captian John Smith from execution by her tribe
- Converted to Christianity
- Married John Rolfe, a successful tobacco planter
- No formal education
- Saved the life of Captain John Smith thereby fostering Native American/Colonist relationship
- After saving John Smith's life, she helped bring food to the starving English colonists
- Helped bring peace between the English colonists and the Indians after being captured by the colonists and marrying John Rolfe.
- Showed England that not all 'Indians' were savages as many of them thought