The purpose of this page is to provide key quotes that can inspire you and those around you to achieve to the highest degree. Hopefully, these quotes can form an excellent basis for graduation and other speeches.
- "If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves." ~Thomas Edison
- "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison
Edison and his workshop patented 1093 inventions including the phonograph, incandescent light bulb, kinetoscope, nickel-iron batteries, along with key parts of the movie camera.
More Quotes from Thomas Edison
- "Hitch your wagon to a star." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Emerson led the transcendentalist movement during the middle of the 1800s. His published works include essays, lectures, and poems.
More Quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "If you knew how much work went into it, you wouldn't call it genius." ~Michelangelo
Michelangelo was an artist who lived from 1475 to 1564. His most famous works include the sculptures of David and the Pieta along with the painting of the Sistene Chapel's ceiling. The ceiling itself took four years.
More Quotes from Michelangelo
- "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa was a Roman Catholic nun who spent most of her life serving the poorest of the poor in India. She won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
More Quotes from Mother Teresa
- "All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney
Disney was an among other things an animator, filmmaker, and entrepreneur. He earned over 22 Academy Awards for his works. He also founded both Disneyland in California and Walt Disney World in Florida.
More Quotes from Walt Disney
- "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Dr. Seuss was the pen name of Theodor Seuss Geisel whose children's books have affected so many people over the years. His works include The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Green Eggs and Ham, and The Cat in the Hat.
More Quotes from Dr. Seuss
- "Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts." ~Winston Churchill
Churchill served as the British Prime Minister between 1941-1945 and 1951-1955. His leadership during World War II cannot be overemphasized.
More Quotes from Winston Churchill
- "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." ~Henry David Thoreau
Thoreau joined Emerson as a leading transcendentalist. His most famous works include Walden and Civil Disobedience.
More Quotes from Henry David Thoreau
- "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Roosevelt was First Lady of the United States between the years 1933 and 1945. She had a huge impact on domestic and international policy.
More Quotes from Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Goethe was a German writer who lived between 1749-1832. He is best known for his work entitled Faust.
More Quotes from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
This quote has been attributed to Holmes who was an American jurist. However, there is some question about its origin and some believe it was first said by Henry Stanley Haskins.
More Quotes from Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared." ~Eddie Rickenbacker
Rickenbacker was a Medal of Honor winner and World War I flying ace. He had 26 victories during the war.
More Quotes from Eddie Rickenbacker
- "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
Einstein was a theoretical physicist who came up with the Theory of Relativity.
More Quotes from Albert Einstein
- "Quit now, you'll never make it. If you disregard this advice, you'll be halfway there." ~David Zucker
Zucker is an American film producer and director whose movies include Airplane!, Ruthless People, and The Naked Gun.