Week One Science Warm Ups
1. What are the steps of the scientific method?
Answer: making observations, forming hypothesis, experimenting and drawing conclusions
2. What do the following scientific prefixes mean?
bio, entomo, exo, gen, micro, ornitho, zoo
Answer: bio-life, entomo-insect, exo-outside, gen-beginning or origin, micro-small, ornitho-bird, zoo-animal
3. What is the standard unit of measurement in the International System of Measurement?
4. What is the difference between weight and mass?
Answer: Weight is the measure of gravitational force one object has on another. Weight can change based on the amount of gravity. Mass is the amount of matter in an object. Mass is constant.
5. What is the standard unit of volume?