From the article: Pros and Cons of School Uniforms
What is your opinion about school uniforms? Should schools require uniforms? Do you believe they help maintain classroom discipline? Do they have an effect on school violence? Share your thoughts. Share Your Thoughts
i could care less...
- Uniforms can be a good thing and a bad thing, it all depends on how you were your clothes, and how much you care about style. If you care about the way you dress when your in public, then you might not want school uniforms. If you are like me and don't care about what you look like in public, then you might be fine wearing school uniforms. It might be cheaper just to wear school uniforms, but some people still like there accessories. A good way to solve this conflict is to wear school uniforms but at the cost of wearing it how ever you want...
- —Guest eriyonna
I need them in my school
- I need them in my school because there is so much bullying, and it saves so much time in the morning to shower and stuff like that. And also it helps so that we don't have to get picked on for our clothes!
- We need them really bad they will cut bullying down on cloths and style make a law do something just bring forth school uniforms!
We need them
- School uniforms are needed the will cut down bullying on the clothes and style. Make a law, do something.
- —Guest Michelle
I love uniforms
- I love uniforms I don't have them now but I think it cuts down the amount of bullying on what you are wearing. Yes people will still bullying but not as much if you have school uniforms
- —Guest Peaches
School uniforms are good!!!!!
- I really want uniforms because it helps you get more sleep and helps your grades cause then during tests or homework you're not worrying about what other people think and no one has creativity, no one shows it so stop using it as an excuse. You can tell that if someone is from another school and if you have noticed at all girls do most of the bullying and its all about clothes. Uniforms are good because no one can make fun of you for clothes, improves school safety and grades people have and it stops inappropriate behavior.
- —Guest Laura
Are Uniforms Really So Great?
- I am in a junior high school in California with a very strict, almost uniform-like dress-code. We can wear neutral colors and blue, yellow, and green. No patterns, logos, or even a shirt with lace on it. I do not feel like this helps with bullying at all. If someone is bullied it is not for their clothing, it is usually for something about themselves that they cannot change. I also don't think that it saves time in the morning. If anything I am more stressed out over how unflattering the clothing I am forced to wear is. The idea that uniforms inspire school pride is also ridiculous. If anything, dressing in the same clothing every day makes me hate my school even more than if I could wear what I want. Uniforms are not the answer to problems at schools.
- —Guest Brianna
ups and downs
- School uniforms are good and bad i think it would be a good idea because people can't make fun of you for what you are wearing, and it'd take a lot less time. Then again, if you want to go to school for fashion, it might be a problem considering you're stuck in the same clothes every day. It gets kind of old.
- —Guest kayeleena
- I know our school doesn't have a school uniform policy but it should. You're not going to school to express yourselves or show off too much, you're there to LEARN! At my school girls show way to much skin and boys wear their pants past their knees. That's why we should all wear uniforms. It's clear to see that you can sleep in, in the morning because of you're uniform. You won't get bullied because everyone is even, nothing to make fun of. and of course you can express yourself with things in your hair or a pretty necklace or bracelet. You could wear a pin on the front of your shirt with your school's logo. I guess kids are ashamed to wear uniforms. they think there stupid and dumb but did you know that there are a lot more reasons FOR wearing uniforms, than NOT?
- —Guest harmony88
NO TO SCHOOL UNIFORMS!!!!
- I think school uniforms are stupid,dumb and boring. You can't express your personality and show who you are though uniforms.. You all would look the same and it would suck and be dull.
- —Guest Guest girl
- I think school uniforms are dumb and stupid. I'm certainly glad my school doesn't have them otherwise it would give me another reason to hate school! Kids like me should be able to be free and be able to wear whatever they want within reason.
- —Guest j31e16k29
- I think kids should be able to express themselves freely, and if you take away their choice of clothing, you aren't helping them accept and express who they really are. God made us different for a reason, so do us kids a favor and let us dress how we want to, please.
- —Guest sarah
- Our school has a uniform code -- must have belt with four allowable types of pants, shirt must have collar, no unbuttoning to show cleavage, no piercings except for ears, clean shaven, no gang signs. Pretty simple -- if teachers are on board. There is still enough leeway for individuality. It works great if the teachers will enforce it -- just takes a week and then no more trouble.
- —Guest Puncher
NO for uniforms!
- Schools should NOT require students to wear uniforms. With everyone wearing the same clothing, it highlights the other flaws of a person's physical build and can cause more bullying that way. Also dressing by choice is a milestone to responsibility. Letting kids wear what they want to school following the dress code learn how to take responsibility in themselves.
- —Guest LAU
- I think school uniforms are a great idea, they stand out and you can tell if someone is apart of that school or not. It also saves a lot of time in the morning, trust me I am a student and we have to wear a shirt and tie every day! It means I get more sleep and I am less stressed out. On the other hand... some people don't like wearing uniform because it doesn't show any individuality, I think you could show it in other ways such as hair accessories, Jewelry, bags and many other ways. It actually does stop bullying to a certain level. Some people might be bullied because of the stuff they wear; in schools that wear uniform, it's not a problem. - Orla Mc, Scotland , 12 years old.
- —Guest Orla
1-15 of 80Next