Drill Sergeant Technique does NOT work
- So, my track coach who is also a teacher, is a complete jerk. (don't want to use strong language here) One morning practice, I had to go on an elementary school tour with my middle school ensembles. She comes into the orchestra room WHILE I am obviously getting ready. She asks me in her drill sergeant voice, Why didn't you come to practice today? I told her why, and she just rolled her eyes in FRONT of my orchestra teacher. The principals even tried to avoid letting my dad talk to her- because they know that she is a jerk to ALL the students -which he never got to do. My orchestra teacher asked if he could help, but I said no because I was afraid she would be angrier with me. The worst part is, now she act all nice to me now that I'm doing good in track.
- —Guest Guest Angry
Blaming me for No Apparent Reason
- I have one of the worst Social Studies teachers ever. He never tries to find out who did this or that, just blames the kids who he knows don't like him, or he just doesn't like. Someone yelled out just "Yeah!" When he was teaching and he sent my friend to the office. Another time, someone kept talking and he gave me lunch detention.
- —Guest Guest Confused
"That's not my problem" teacher
- There's this teacher, and I hate her so much.Here's why: Firstly, she would tell you, that if you don't understand, you should ask her, but when you do, she would tell you "you should know that because you have the example in the book & notes blah blah blah.Oh but she would explain, to her favorite students though, who were in her class the year before, as we got split. She would always speak nicely to them. Secondly, if you would tell her "Miss, I really don't understand, even with these examples, can you please explain this to me" she would brush you off saying "It's not my problem if you don't understand" or "Maybe you're in the wrong class". Thirdly and lastly, it's not just me, but others too.You see, some people from her class from last year are in her class now, but as we are split , we are from all different classes and it's mostly us from different classes that don't understand. Don't get me wrong.I love learning, but unfortunately, I'm starting to lose hope... ~Thanks
- —Guest A tired student
No work done!
- Once, I had a teacher that just talked about her cat all of English. Some kids asked her questions about said cat to pass time in class without doing any work. Then, when we have 5 minutes left in class, the teacher then blames US and goes on about how she will get fired for not teaching us. Honestly, you're the teacher. Nobody MADE you answer things.
- —Guest Raven
English teachers and their assignments.
- My English III class (I'm in English right now) is supposed to look up if media is biased on some EBSCO website and it does not have anything I could possibly use on there, and she will not let us use google at all. And then were supposed to look up more stuff about the Boston Marathon Bombing yesterday but we can't use google. I mean they this website it's useless!! All it does is give you pointless articles that have nothing to do with the topic you searched.
- —Guest Small Town Girl
A lot of hot air
- I'm into my 7th week with this guy who openly admits to having favorites in the class. He's is such a hose bag, I can't stand much more of it. He is a straight guy and loves to make despairingly awful comments to the women in class, and me he just dislikes. I've tried to put aside his saying just what ever comes to his head and submit to the work that needs to be done. But everything I've done has been pissed on by him.. I'm an A student otherwise. Maybe its just me. But I'm about to seek help from the Chair of the Dept. It probably won't do any good She's looking to get out soon. I wish I had at least sat in on one of his classes. I think he's also a racist pig.
- —Guest below average art student
- My teacher is really horrible. She puts us on something just so that she can go on her stupid computer. She also makes us go on the computer for like 2-4 hours a day. She doesn't even help us if we have a question. She tells us that she isn't going to answer any questions only if its an emergency. What the heck!!! I'm pretty sure that she doesn't even care about us.
- —Guest Guest Annonymous
Teachers who enjoy failing students
- Had a teacher who would tell stories of his life everyday for class. When we take the test his stories had no relevance at all so I was glad I studied. After a few F's the others learned that he just sits and reads during quizzes and tests so they would text a domain and get all the answers to the test synchronized in their phones so they got better scores than me, I cheated off of the dumbasses to pass eventually...it's sad how crappy some teachers run their classes...he doesn't prepare us so he wouldn't care if we failed or cheated he wouldn't tell if a straight F guy sudden got an A++ on a test when he got his new SIM chip....what domain do you kids text to get all the answers?!... Agh this class should be failing because of this dumb oblivious teacher
- —Guest Kevin
Im in 6th
- ALL my teachers hate me, they use me as an example of an idiot. I actually try, and they say I don't pay attention. My science teacher is everyone's favorite but he hates me too. He says I never take notes, but I lost my first note book so I started over... the worst part was we are at a Catholic school. He used me as an example by staring at me and saying " get the lazy out of everyone's bones" while he stares at me. And he called me up while everyone was watching a movie he said to everyone "I'm going to give you a bad grade by not even looking at it. Because you didn't put your name on the notebook." It was a test grade, and I feel like an idiot. I'm thinking about turning away or doing something I love. Art. But my parents want me to stay at this stupid school I can't even progress in I feel cheated in life not able to do something I love..
- —Guest Godfrey
Telling test scores out loud.
- I remember in 4th grade, we had a Math Teacher named Julienne. She did lots of bad things, but I remember this one. We had our first big exam, and it was something silly, about how many eggs each unicorn made. After she gave them all back we proceeded to correcting them and trying to understand our mistakes. At the beginning, she said clearly she wasn't going to name anyone. Obviously, she did. The girl sitting next to me had gotten an E, and she was usually a really smart kid. But later on we learned that she had asked a question to the teacher about one of the first calculations and the teacher had lied to her. The teacher then started saying that "Oh look, the smart girl got an F." and she started to laugh. Alone. But then she got mad because nobody laughed. And the girl went home crying because her parents were very strict and she was in trouble.
- —Guest Desk
6th grade teacher
- In 6th grade my teacher would have the class do the same things every day. We would also have to go on the computer for about 2-3 hrs a day. She would usually give us like a workbook or test then go on her stupid computer. Everyone hated her. We were so glad to go to middle school the next year. She is also very sloppy and messy.
- —Guest Guest Annoymous
Never good enough
- I studied animation at a local College in Cape Town. But early on my lecturer made it known. I do as he says. I was a scholarship student. I remember everyone was treated with more respect then me. And I always tried to make my lecturer happy when he never was. To this day, I have a fear of lecturers. I feel even now like a failure because I never passed when I so badly wanted to. All I wanted was his help.
- —Guest Exanimator
marks cut for hand writing
- My child's marks were cut in Social Studies though the answers were right. The teacher says that it was for bad hand writing, is there any such rule?
- —Guest anmika
Hating on talent
- We have morning basketball and not to be cocky though I was the top 5 players at the school and every morning the teacher that ran the morning basketball had constantly criticized me for the littlest things and the worst thing was other students did too though she only decided to pick on me. You may be wondering, "Oh she just thinks you have a lot of potential" while that definitely is not true because she had always laughed at me and talked trash when I made a mistake, and it was ridiculous. In my opinion she probably looked forward to bullying me.
- —Guest Steven Wong
Blaming for cheating
- I remember that in 7th grade we had to make a book about ancient Egypt's gifts. The teacher put everyone into groups. My group worked on the project really well and handed it in on time, just like all the other groups. When she handed all the groups back their marks, our sheet had quite a low mark on it. In the comments section she wrote plagiarized in the different parts of our book. I recall that no one in our group had plagiarized at all. I had even put the writing threw a plagiarizing checker. Later I had found out that many of the groups were accused as well, and some of the groups in the other classes. I guess some groups did plagiarize, but not all of them. We all had worked so hard on that project, but we got accused for no reason at all. Even after we tried to explain to her that we didn't do anything she still wouldn't listen. No matter what we tried she wouldn't change the mark that we clearly didn't deserve. I really don't like her because she lowered our marks for no reason. :| :
- —Guest Anonymous